- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Printing services revolutionised by 3D printing
We have all heard of traditional printing services such as digital printing, litho printing etc. But what do we know about 3D printing? This week marked a significant week for the 3D printing industry who have seen 3D printing stocks soar since President Barack Obama mentioned 3d printing in his address in the state of union on Tuesday the 12th February.
3D printing is not a traditional form of printing as such. We are very much used to printing products such as training manuals, brochures, stationery etc, but never have we witness the printing of a mobile phone case, a gun model or any type of 3d object. Such is the advancement of this technology that soon you will be able to produce 3D objects using computer aided design at the local stationery or office supply store.
The concept of printing 3D items just like printing photos is not actually a new one however commercial 3D printing has not been economically viable up till now. Such has the technology advanced that commercialisation is a viable possibility. There are several projects in progress making efforts to develop affordable 3D printers for home use. Initiatives such as Staples easy 3D will launch in the first quarter of 2013 and is set to revolutionise printing services with printing services becoming more accessible.
Obama stated that the technology has the ability to revolutionise the way we make almost everything stating that printing our products directly from a computer generate imaged. The technology is still in its early stages and sure there will be many improvements in the next few years. The leap to mass market will be an arduous one but the instant rise in stocks due Obamas recent endorsement calling the industry a job creating investment into science and innovation.
Retail Week Supply Chain Summit, London - 22-23 May 2013 The supply chain summit 2013 is fast approaching and perhaps as never before the issue of supply chain management has never been more hotly debated. With many recent scandals highlighting...
There are many uses for metal extrusions and metal mouldings made of aluminium. These metal structures are used when a degree of tensile strengths is needed along with some flexibility whilst supporting the maximum weight possible. Many...
Navigating a City This article examines the many problems with navigating an urban cityscape, and why a well-designed urban wayfinding system can be of immense assistance to visitors. As well as the three dimensional element of such a landscape,...