- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
PCI DSS Compliance
Merchants and other businesses who want to accept credit cards as part of everyday routine can often find themselves at sea in a vast ocean of information when it comes to PCI compliance. Do try to bear in mind that although it can be very frustrating, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (more often just called PCI DSS) has a very worthy goal in mind – to ensure that all credit card transactions are carried out securely so that the sensitive data belonging to consumers is well protected.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not solely up to your payment services provider (PSP) to worry about your PCI compliance. Simply sitting around and trusting innocently to the technology moving your data does not give you a get out of jail free card if a security breach occurs. Still not worried? How about these consequences, all typical punishments for even the smallest breach:
- Costly fines – you’ll receive these from the affected payment card brand and often their acquiring bank as well
- Direct costs – on average it costs £194 per stolen record to undertake data recovery, and remember most breaches involve the loss of tens of thousands of records
- Reputation damage – once consumers lose trust in your business it is usually game over, and the entire company can sink due to the damage to brand confidence
Don’t panic! There are plenty of simple and highly cost effective steps you can take which will keep your data secure from thieves and hackers. Get in touch with a PCI compliant solutions provider like the Bunker (www.thebunker.net) and they can talk you through everything that is needed to safeguard your customers – and your business – when handling transactions online.
While it can be tempting to consider warehouse automation as the automatic solution to meet demand and reduce costs as with any major change to your supply chain the adoption of any new warehouse technology needs careful consideration. The main...
All new and existing business will come up against many planning conundrums throughout its business life. From increasing sales to decreasing over heads, whether that being unnecessary staffing cost, excess supplies or production costs; effective...
When working together it is always important to ensure that everyone knows and is capable of working with each other. To that end, we have the tradition of team building exercises, created with the aim of encouraging people within a work place to...