- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Many commercial metalworkers are involved in the manufacturing, building and repairing of products and structures made from sheet metal. Sheet metal can be used in metal ducts, building exteriors, garages, metal channels or gutters, furnaces and even in some modern or hi-tech furniture or decorative features. Workers are often required to shape, bend, weld, connect or cut metal sheets in order to perform their work. To this end, they use a wide variety of tools in order to provide a variety of shaped metal supplies.
Welders are used to join metal sections, and when done properly the connection is extremely difficult to break. There are three main varieties of metal welders; arc welders (sometimes called stick welders), wire feed welders and oxy-acetylene welders. Using these devices properly requires a substantial amount of training and safety equipment including eye shields, protective clothing and gloves.
Shears are used to cut metal sheets. Sometimes these are electrical equipment, or hand tools which can be used to make smaller cuts or trims. Very large sheet metal shears are kept in the workshop and may be pedal operated for ease, with hydraulic controls. Hand shears are normally more portable, like heavy duty scissors or cordless power tools or power saws which can be carried to a construction site for use in repairs or last minute alterations.
Hammers are commonly used in more or less every construction occupation which can be used to flatten metal bars, remove rivets or add patterns and texture metals. Metal working normally uses soft faces to avoid damaging the metal finish.
Hand notchers are similar to shears as they are used to cut metal sheets, but they are more precise and make cuts that give more precise metal shapes. Because of this they are manual metalworking tools rather than power tools.
CarbideMax is reshaping the way metalworkers tackle broaching by offering a unique alternative to the current types of broach cutter out there. With quality and price both being an issue, this new technology seeks to offer the best of both...
The way pharmaceutical manufacturers equip and run their supply chain is changing. New healthcare regulations, an ageing population and price pressure are all contributing to a huge shift in the way companies produce pharmaceutical goods. To keep...
With warehouse construction there are several considerations including the height of the warehouse the plot size of the warehouse service requirements Structural complexity. Your warehouse height will determine the concrete slab...