- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Internet Retailing and Mail Order Businesses
Online businesses, particular ecommerce, have experienced a rise in popularity year on year, with the office for national statistics retail sales bulletin reporting that just over £1 in every £10 spent in a UK retail transaction was spent online, in February 2012 (see original article at internet retailing).
This combined with an increase in savvy internet entrepreneurs has led to double digit growth in ‘home shopping’ and those starting online ventures. These entrepreneurs have started many different types of online business, either to supplement their income in tough economic times or as full time mail order business venture.
But what is a mail order business?
A mail order business operates using orders for products which are placed by telephone, through a catalogue or indeed online. These businesses increasingly exist exclusively online although brick and mortar locations are very common. It is this lack of physical location that really drives the profit margin for mail order businesses.
With this rise in mail order businesses, companies focused solely on mail order processing or mail order services are becoming very popular with these internet based businesses.
Outsourcing to an experienced fulfilment company is an attractive proposition as all logistical operations, storage; response handling etc. is handled from one convenient location, giving an almost fixed overhead. This means that starting a mail order business is more cost efficient than ever before and in this economic environment - some online businesses are thriving. Mail Order services include:
- Mail order processing
- Response handling
- Warehouse fulfilment
- Customer contact centres
- Pick and pack, and despatching.
Companies offering mail order processing such as Mail Order Outsourcing were built specifically to cater for the needs of those wanting to outsource their fulfilment services. For more information about mail order services and how overheads can be significantly reduced, see mail order services from www.mailorderoutsourcing.co.uk.
In the run up to Christmas, many companies will find a need to make additional stock available to satisfy the need of the frenzied buyer. With just a few weeks to go, the public are taking every opportunity to hit the shops either in towns and city...
Sales and operations planning or S&OP is an integrated business management process, where the leadership team continually works to achieve focus, alignment and synchronization among all functions of their organisation. S &...
What is VersaDrive? VersaDrive is a unique cutting tool system designed to offer you and your team a new and innovative way of undertaking metalwork tasks. VersaDrive’s adapters, add-ons and drill bits are designed to transform your everyday,...