- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Knitting Wool Industry
The revival of the wool industry
There has been a large increase in the amount of people taking up the hobby of hand knitting, which is great for the UK knitting wool industry. The hobby was nearly extinct five years ago but the recession has turned this around as more people are making their own clothes. When people have more money you therefore have more money to spend on cloths which means knitting wool will see a decline in sales. It is also the case that people turn to wool in recessionary times rather than far less expensive synthetic fibres.
Most people have a image of “grannies” sitting in a circle in their armchairs knitting away, this is normally because it takes years of practice to become really good at knitting and therefore. However, more places are finding that the type of people buying knitting wool and yarn are getting younger. The advent of synthetic fibres such as nylon and polyester was a big blow and a industry responsible for the onset of the industrial revolution.
The knitting wool industry was at its peak in the 1950s. “Production is only 30% of what it used to be in the 1960s. Even in Australia there have been huge falls to what it was in the 1980s” says Mr Waterhouse who is a textile manufacturer in Yorkshire.
If you are interested in knitting as a hobby a great place to look and to find many things that can help you to learn is Readicut Crafts. They offer many different types of knitting wools, yarns and all the equipment you will need
United States inventories of meat stored in cold storage rose significantly over the spring and summer of 2012. The levels reached are much higher than the levels at the same time in 2011 and five year average levels. In previous...
Technology has brought great advances in the way we do business and as a result the use of portable equipment including laptops, tablets and mobile phones has greatly increased. These are valuable assets that can all too easily be misplaced, lost or...
When designing your new warehouse or distribution facility location is a key factor that can make or break the success of your supply chain. However, before you even think about locations you need to review several factors including having a...