- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Can outsourcing fulfilment help meet new eBay requirements?
Recently, EBay has announced new regulation or TRS Standards that will affect all top rated sellers. Sellers may be prompted to look for outsourced fulfilment services from companies such as Orbital Response, to handle the new regulations as faster delivery is required.
Some of the changes include:
- A returns policy of 14 calendar days following the new methods of specifying your returns policy.
- Same day despatch (or 1 day)
- An option of express delivery - offering delivery within 24 hours
- ‘Free postage’
- Trail offer options for international tracked postage service
These fulfilment changes are due to take place in the autumn of 2013. So why are companies moving towards outsourced fulfilment services? Outsourcing can help your business to cover the following aspects much more effciently and cost effectively.
Warehousing and Distribution
Warehousing and distribution is a key part of the fulfilment process. Companies offering fulfilment services will poses a vast amount of warehousing space, allowing you to store your products in a safe, PCI DSS compliant environment.. Mail order processing is carried out directly from the warehouse where goods and picked, packed and despatched to rapidly deal with orders via ebay.
As part of the fulfilment services all good fulfilment companies will have a returns handling process. It’s inevitable that some customers may want to return their products - a good fulfilment partner would understand the true cost of returns handling and so would work hard to get orders correct first time as poorly handled returns can cost businesses time and money. The speed and efficiency of mail order processing is very important as this directly reflects customer satisfaction - a fact that all fulfilment providers should know.
Are you constantly running down to the post office and trying to get your packages off on time? This is an inefficient way of handling mail order fulfilment in many ways - invest in fulfilment services which make good use of modern technology to despatch goods within 24 hours.
Modern technology and the efficiency of ecommerce fulfilment services allow fast and efficient despatch. Ebay sellers should seek warehouses that are close to major transport links so that products can be shipped and distributed as quickly as possible. Live order feeds and automated systems will eliminate delays and backlogs.
It’s unlikely that fulfilment services will allow free postage - however, it’s important to note that those who sell their products online will always be able to get better postage rates from carriers, especially if you have a large account to benefit from economies of scale. The postage services will not be free; however, they will be a lot cheaper.
To Outsource or not to Outsource?
If you sell your goods via the internet or by catalogue mail order, outsourcing fulfilment is well worth the costs associated. Stay on top of new ebay regulations by investing in a fulfilment services that you trust to make sure your orders are delivered safely, on time and in good condition.
The specialist field of logistics needs the expertise and know-how of experience logistics consultants to get the job done properly. Large organisations have their own specialist logistics department who specifically deal with the logistics;...
Managing a warehouse can be a lot of work. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of individual problems and details that need to be addressed and overcome, many of which can slow down operations for hours. Days in worst case scenarios. Such delays and...
If you want a practical way to include lots of information on one sign then ladder signs are the answer. These signs consist of horizontal slats layered one above the other in a laddered effect, all secured on one easy to read sign. Ladder signs...