- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Direct Mail ‘Matters’ for Marketers
The marketing industry is one of the most dynamic industries, with agencies seeing a constant stream of new concepts and combinations that can help clients reach their target audience in a more targeted and personal way through direct marketing.
Many of these concepts have had a rocky ride in recent times such as newspaper adverts and phone calls. However, email, direct mail and social media are the current leaders of the pack.
The usage of the internet has birthed marketing techniques that have revolutionised how the general public interact with brands allowing companies to refine their product and service offerings and keep the client at the centre of what they do. Organisations can access feedback which wasn’t previously accessible.
However, just setting up a social media account is not enough - companies need to develop an efficient strategy which should be targeted across all mediums used. It’s useless to just send bulk mail to a mailing list as this is very impersonal. Whilst the internet is great for targeted campaigns, many are finding that direct marketing is still an effective way to target customers.
Why Direct Mail?
A new study by the direct mail association has found that 79% of consumers act on direct mail immediately. It was also discovered that 10% of recipients visited a brands website in response to a direct mail campaign highlighting the need to have campaigns which integrate across all mediums.
Additionally “56 per cent of respondents also said printed marketing was the "most trustworthy" of all media channels.”
The director of communications and insight at the DMA, Rachel Aldighieri, stated that: "People continue to value direct mail and printed communications from brands, finding that it plays a seamless role within their connected worlds, offers some qualities not found in other communications and is an essential part of the overall ‘brand experience'.”
Source: Ashdown Group.
Other key stats from the direct marketing study:
- 90 per cent of respondents in the study admitting they could not imagine living without a letterbox
- “One in five (20 per cent) believe that printed communications will not be replaced by digital”
Marketers should bear in mind that Britons still value direct mail which should be a key part of any compelling marketing strategy. For more information about Direct Marketing, visit Orbital Mailing today.
The idea of an “inventory day” is becoming steadily more unpopular, even in retail circles, but it is still an essential component of inventory management. Although hardly glamorous, management and optimisation of your inventory is...
Managing a successful supply chain is no easy task. With drastically different suppliers, contractors and employees all working towards one end goal, keeping everything in check requires a complex and well thought out strategy. Follow these three...
Customer satisfaction should be at the top of every company’s though process. This can be achieved by ensuring a smooth sale from initial enquiry to delivery of a product – offering the full service package. Customers want to be able to...