- What GRP Kiosk Manufacturers Can Provide For You
- Mobile performance monitoring: Why you should be paying attention
- Requirements for outdoor electrical enclosures.
- How to prepare for Christmas website demand
- Staying on top of your sales period website demand
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
- The most common GRP moulding techniques
- Why Small Businesses are key to more Apprenticeships
- Changes in regulation over GRP and food contact.
- Smoke Venting and You: A Guide to Smoke Control
- T-Shirt Printing: Start up your own company and promote yourself
- Football shirt printing
- Football shirt printing
- Take Control of Your Business With a Blast Freezer
- 4 Reasons why Digital T-Shirt Printing is Great for Your Business
Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring.
The busy holiday season can create a plethora of website performance issues for e-commerce businesses. Every year, websites are hit with an influx of savvy online shoppers who demand a smooth and stress-free shopping experience.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday load testing and performance monitoring should be an essential part of your website performance plan, especially in the run up to these high profile events.
Without the proper preparation, you risk becoming one of the hundreds of websites that buckle under the pressure of increased demand.
Planning and preparation
Preparing your site for increased traffic on Black Friday and Cyber Monday shouldn’t be left to one person. Both events need to be taken seriously and a designated team should be assigned, with the specific task of taking care of all aspects of these events.
There are a few things your Black Friday/Cyber Monday team can do to optimise your website’s performance in the lead up to the date.
- Use load testing to measure how much traffic your site can process in one hit and use these results to identify and solve performance issues.
- Identify ways to ‘scale up’ your sites capacity using existing resources.
- Work with other areas of the company, such as marketing and sales, to try and gauge just how much traffic you are likely to expect.
- Come to an agreement on how much time and money you want to put into load testing and performance monitoring for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
Tapping into the competition
During peak times, customers looking for a Black Friday bargain are more likely to simply leave your site and look for an alternative deal, rather than sit there and wait out delays that could lead to an out of stock product.
If you’re serious about not ending up at the bottom of the pile during some of the busiest shopping events of the year, you have to monitor your competitor’s performance.
Competitor performance monitoring goes further than seeing how much better your site is. It’s designed to give you genuine insights into how your competition handles every step of a purchase. These insights can then be used to improve your own site performance or if you’re already working at a good capacity, help you to become number one.
When websites start crashing under the weight of increased traffic, news of sites still operating smoothly will travel fast – so make sure you’re there to pick up the pieces.
Load testing and performance monitoring is a 24/7, 365 days a year job but during your busiest and most important periods, your business should be going that extra mile to improve performance.
Take advantage of the modern load testing and performance monitoring tools available to you and provide a seamless and pleasurable shopping experience for your customers this year.
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) is a monthly -based business process aimed at achieving a balance between a company’s overall demand and supply. To achieve an effective, successful Sales and Operations Planning campaign both the...
Managing a successful supply chain is no easy task. With drastically different suppliers, contractors and employees all working towards one end goal, keeping everything in check requires a complex and well thought out strategy.Follow these three...
Countersinking is a time-consuming activity undertaken by many trades’ people. This laborious task is a thing of the past now with the new Multisink™ tool! The Multisink™ is a new countersinking tool which has been designed and...