- Technology Behind GRP Products
- Worlds first certified SR4 GRP Enclosure
- Protecting Substations with Anti Vandal GRP
- Benefits of anti-vandal housings and enclosures
- Features of Security related GPR Housings
- Standard Safety for Gas Meter Boxes
- Four Benefits of GRP acoustic enclosures
- HolemakerTechnology Introduces the DrillSink
- Importance of Roadside Gas Meter Box Ventilation
- PRO’S & CON’S FOR THE USE OF FR PVC VERSUS MULTIWALL POLYCARBONATE
- The Multisink™ Combination Countersink Tool
- Versadrive cutting tools
- CarbideMax Broach Cutters
- The GRP manufacturing process
- Odour control roof covers
Protecting Substations with Anti Vandal GRP
Around the UK you can regularly see substations of all sizes. They are used where electricity lines are connected and switched and where the voltage is changed by transformers.
This makes substations a vital and important part of the UK's power network and if these become damaged through the network vandalism there can be serious implications.
Substation security is an ongoing challenge and a holistic approach is needed, however, one key aspect can be the design and materials used in substations Solutions like GRP (glass reinforced plastic) can be created and installed with anti-vandal features as well as being low maintenance and robust to adverse weather conditions.
Substation Security Rated GRP Housing & Enclosures
So why is GRP such a great material for substation housings and enclosures?
- can be custom moulded to fit any space
- robust - resistant to environmental extremes
- low maintenance
- long lifespan
One of the leading manufacturers of industrial GRP solutions is Kingsley Plastics, they create a range of GRP enclosures and housings suitable for use with substations that have passed a series of tests conducted by BRE Global Limited to LPS1175 - SR2/3/4 giving them full security rated specifications.
SR2 & SR3 approval also covers the following features:
- Anti-Vandal External Textured Finish
- Wide Colour choice from BS4800 or RAL Range of Colours
- Cat-Flap Options
- Fixed or Removable Roof Variants
- Internal or External Bolting Down Options
- Security Rated Vent Grills
- Simulated Brick, Stone & Pebbledash Finishes
- Smooth Moulded Semi-Gloss External Finish
Additional GRP housing and enclosure variations include:
- Fixed or Removable Roofs
- Flat, Pitched or Hipped Roofs
- Slate or Tile Effect Roofs
- Multiple Door Options Including Single & Double GRP Doors
- Standalone GRP Single Doors To SR2 & SR3
- Standalone GRP Double Doors To SR2 & SR3
- Single & Double SR4 Door Sets with above height transoms
- One-Piece Housings With No Connecting Panels Whatsoever
- Flat-Pack Delivery Options For Remote Site Access Situations
- Panel Form Enclosures For Assembly Upon Site
- Trained Site Installation Teams Available On Day Rates or Unit Rates
For more information on Kingsley Plastics wide range of security rated GRP products visit www.kingsleyplastics.co.uk/
If you’re considering opening up your very first restaurant, then there’s probably a whole host of things that are worrying you. From décor, to equipment to your staff, making sure that everything is ready in time for the grand...
Safety is the most important aspect of work. Looking after those who work in your building and taking responsibility for their safety is not something that should be taken lightly. Fire can strike at any time and can often spread quickly and without...
Warehouse automation is everywhere nowadays and it comes in many shapes and forms. Whilst it won’t solve all your businesses labour problems, it can help to improve and update existing processes so that your warehouse runs smoothly and is more...