- Technology Behind GRP Products
- Worlds first certified SR4 GRP Enclosure
- Protecting Substations with Anti Vandal GRP
- Benefits of anti-vandal housings and enclosures
- Features of Security related GPR Housings
- Standard Safety for Gas Meter Boxes
- Four Benefits of GRP acoustic enclosures
- HolemakerTechnology Introduces the DrillSink
- Importance of Roadside Gas Meter Box Ventilation
- PRO’S & CON’S FOR THE USE OF FR PVC VERSUS MULTIWALL POLYCARBONATE
- The Multisink™ Combination Countersink Tool
- Versadrive cutting tools
- CarbideMax Broach Cutters
- The GRP manufacturing process
- Odour control roof covers
PRO’S & CON’S FOR THE USE OF FR PVC VERSUS MULTIWALL POLYCARBONATE
Although many people have a perceived preference for Polycarbonate over FR PVC “Clovis Canopies” give a 10 years warranty against premature UV degradation on both FR PVC and Polycarbonate, therefore the following “Pro’s & Con’s” may help decision making.
1. Considerably more cost effective on initial outlay.
2. As there is less structure within the roof area (purlin rails & glazing bars) this gives a less busy appearance.
3. When raining the noise within the canopy is softer (akin to being in a tent).
4. If the outside of the roof is dirty (although periodical cleaning is recommended) the canopy will still appear clean from within.
1. Slight reduction in light levels within the canopy.
2. Although very durable, if damaged repair is slightly more involved.
3. Life expectancy is shorter than polycarbonate although in excess of 14/15 years is common
4. Because this is a single skin you may experience condensation dripping in cold and damp winter conditions.
1. Light levels within the canopy are higher.
2. Life expectancy is longer than with FR PVC.
3. Can be installed as a “man safe” roof for impact, although all rooves should be considered fragile.
4. Less condensation in the winter months
5. If damaged, individual sheets can be easily replaced.
1. Initial costs are considerably higher than FR PVC.
2. As light levels are higher if the roof is dirty outside this will be visible within the canopy.
3. Higher noise levels within the canopy in rainy conditions.
In summary, the decision made will revolve around budgets and perceived preferences however whatever choice is made your canopy will give many years of durable service.
If you are looking for either a FR PVC or multiwall polycarbonate canopy for your project visit www.clovis-canopies.co.uk or call 01622 873904 for more information.
Online businesses, particular ecommerce, have experienced a rise in popularity year on year, with the office for national statistics retail sales bulletin reporting that just over £1 in every £10 spent in a UK retail transaction was...
Concorde International Language School in Canterbury is currently running a special offer on their Group 4 English course for business executives and professionals. This is an excellent course for those who want to perfect their English for a...
When it comes to sport, creating a solid team identity is a top priority and it’s important to make sure everyone knows who you are and that you mean business! Every team has their own logo, phrasing or numbers and showing those off through...